It is with great pleasure that I announce the addition of Carol Selvey MHSA, CPHIMS, FHIMSS to the First team as the Vice President of Strategy & Business Development. Carol’s distinguished healthcare career spans 25 years including health information technology (HIT) leadership and operational management roles, for both consulting and information system vendors. She recently served on the national Board of Directors of HIMSS, and is on the Central and North Florida HIMSS Board. She is Program Chair for the West Florida Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). Carol is a graduate of Vassar College and holds a Masters in Health Services Administration from the University of Kansas.
In her new role, Carol is responsible for introducing FCP’s healthcare technology advisory and consulting solutions to healthcare providers and federal health entities across the U.S. These services include:
- Planning and Assessments - whether evaluating current systems or selecting new ones, FCP’s expertise provides insights to make excellent decisions and meet the challenges facing your organization.
- Program and Project Management – establishing the team, its governance, schedule and budget are all key areas where FCP’s expertise yields better control and coordination, reducing risk and achieving successful results across the enterprise.
- Implementation Services - with core competencies in Cerner, Epic, MEDITECH, McKesson, and Siemens, we are currently supporting implementation, backfill support and optimization efforts at client sites from coast to coast.
- Systems Remediation - in ever changing environments, FCP’s ability to help hospitals understand the impacts of process changes on its systems enables them to be more productive and efficient.
- Testing – FCP’s testing and scripting expertise helps reduce time and effort required to ensure that systems are ready for productive use.
Carol can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-355-7766. If you are attending HIMSS, Carol and her colleagues will be honored with the HIMSS Chapter of the Year Award and she will be co-hosting the Women in HIMSS event on Tuesday, Feb. 22 from 5:30-7 p.m. in the Bellini room at the Venetian Resort Hotel Casino. On Feb. 24, Carol will also be presented with the HIMSS Board of Directors Service Award recognizing her willingness to share her expertise with HIMSS and the health IT industry.